By doing half yearly review, I find that it helps me take stock of what went well and why, and what I need to work on.
I like to think that if I’m 6 months into the year, then technically I should be a half of the way through my goals.
Well, I know it’s not that simple or straightforward but it helps to have something to aim towards.
We are nearly half-way through the year and my question to you is this – are you on track with your goals?
Over the last six months we have dropped a goal, missed some and just reached others. I enjoy the half yearly goals check up. I see it as a time to review, refocus and restart. Sometimes we have dwelled too much on what we haven’t achieved and not recognised appropriately or celebrated our successes. This is a chance to reward ourselves if our goals are accomplished.
Reviews my 2014 goals are:
- Me – I am less rushed and more peaceful. Investing time to increase my knowledge on dharma.
- Family – I spend more time chatting with mum to know her thoughts and emotions. Quality conversations.
- Relationship – We have more time together on our own and support each others interests. We spend more QUALITY time doing things together, such as DIY crafts and leave our car at home and do the walks to the supermarket or the evening walks in the park.
- Work –Need to improved on this area!
- House – Middle of the renovation and should be ready for new house warming by November this year.
- Family Planning – Need to improved on this area!
- Financial Planning/Investment – On track and need to find new resources and networks.
Why It’s So Important to Have Time to Think about our status of our yearly goals (and How to Find It)?
Take the time each and every day to recharge and think.
You can’t think of big pictures without actually having the time and the space to step back. You need to do this without clients calling you every three seconds, without the to-do lists that weigh heavy on your shoulders, and if you can afford it, a retreat might actually be the best way to do it.
I couldn’t afford a retreat this year in time, but I found a few other ways to disconnect from everything and take the time to think about the overall scope of my business and my career. Here are a few:
- Go for a daily run.
- Take an hour before bed to think about your goals
- Meditate & Tarot Guidance
How are you going with your goals for 2014?
Till our next class.