There is one of my favourite quote, ” Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all ~ Aristotle”.
These days everyone is talking about the Heart. Every where you look and listen, people from all religions, cultures, and ages speak about the heart as if was the true center of wisdom: ‘follow your heart’, ‘connect to your heart’, ‘lead from the heart’, ‘speak from the heart’, ‘consult your heart’…
Surely, if Aristoteles were alive today, there would be a big smile on his face!
A student of Plato and tutor to Alexander the Great, Aristoteles believed and taught a ‘cardiocentric‘ model of human anatomy where the heart was the true center of human intelligence and not the brain. Heart Intelligence is a higher level of awareness that arises when you are able to integrate your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual intelligence.
When fully embodied and integrated, Heart Intelligence gives you the ability to be fully real, present, connected and heart-directed in every area of your life so that you can experience greater levels of performance, creativity, intuition and higher order thinking.
Your heart’s intelligence is with you always. It’s constant. You can trust it. It’s important to acknowledge this, because it means that the wisdom of your heart—the answers to the deepest and most mysterious questions of life that no one else can answer—already exists within you. Rather than something that needs to be built or created before it can be used, the link between your heart and the place that holds your answers is already established. It’s been with you since the time you were born and has never left you. It’s up to you as to when you choose to access that link as a “hotline” to the deepest truths of your life. It’s also up to you as to how you apply the wisdom of your heart in the reality of your everyday life.
There’s a lot more to our Heart than meets the eye. Research in modern science shows that by activating your Heart’s Intelligence, you will gain the skills and tools to:
- Decrease emotional upsets and increase positive feelings so that you can make empowering and life-affirming choices for yourself and loved ones and our world
- Loosen the hold of stress, worry, and anxiety by actively choosing joy, compassion, appreciation, and love instead
- Improve your mental focus and clarity regardless of what’s happening “out there.”
- Create an optimal inner terrain for healing and for easing the stress of chronic pain and illness, by consciously accessing your heart’s wisdom
- Build an inner reserve of energy that helps you to thrive in these complex and chaotic times
- Activate your heart’s intelligence to bring your work and life into greater alignment with your deeper life purpose
- Create more authentic, intimate and harmonious relationships
- Achieve your goals more quickly and easily
In this time of extremes, the resilience that we develop as individuals becomes even more effective, powerful, and potent when it can be applied by our families, friends, and neighbors. When we share our healing insights, we find the answer to the question of what it takes to create a way of life that reflects the values we’ve discovered through our personal journey.
The time is now… starts cultivate your Heart Intelligence.
In our next coming article, Katherine will share how to cultivate your Heart Intelligence. Stay tuned.