Leave a comment

Mind – an advanced aspect of your true being

Many hold the belief that the mind is somewhat part of the brain or connected to another physical part of the human body. This is incorrect as the human brain is very physical and can be realised within the range of the five main senses. It is physical object that the eyes can see and the hand can hold.

The mind on the other hand is not physical. It cannot be seen with the eyes, measured with instruments or repaired in surgery. This entails that the brain is not the mind, but simply a part of the physical body. There is nothing within the body that can be identified as being the mind because your body and mind are different. For example, sometimes, when your body is relaxed and immobile, the mind can be very busy, darting from one thought to another.

If the mind is neither the brain nor any other part of the body, then what is it? It is a formless continuum that functions to perceive and understand objects. Because the mind is formless or non-physical by nature, it is not obstructed by physical objects, -an advanced aspect of your true being.

It is very important to be able to distinguish the disturbed states of mind from peaceful states. Only an unbalanced state of mind can disturb your inner peace. Thoughts based on anger, jealousy and desirous attachment can be labelled ‘delusions’, the principal underlying cause for much of humanity’s suffering.

You may think that your suffering is caused by other people, poor material conditions or society, but in reality, it derives from your own deluded states of mind. The essence of most Soulvana (Spiritual) practices is to reduce and eventually eradicate your delusions and replace them with permanent inner peace. This is a large aspect of human life.

An essential understanding in which you need to align with is that liberation from suffering cannot be found outside of mind and your own heart. Permanent liberation can only be realised by purifying the mind. Therefore, if you want to become free from problems and attain lasting peace and happiness, then you need to increase your knowledge and understanding of how the mind operates.

Scientific research suggests that humans are only using about 8% to 12% of their brain power; the same goes for the capacity of the mind. When we are consciously awake, we are utilising 10% of the mind. The other 90% is the subconscious mind, which is programmable similar to a computer. Many have been programmed by outside sources in ways only the subconscious intelligence can define and store, mainly from symbolic advertisements, radio, TV, society’s expectations and so on. This conditioning can build up layers of an illusory personality, causing somebody to never be themselves from heart, a catalyst for suffering and unhappiness.

You may have heard the term ‘thoughts are things’, as there are many published self-help books available centred on the subject of thought power. Remember, you are a creator being in the creator universe. Anything is possible with the right knowledge, dedication and self-belief.

Namaste!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: