What makes you happy? Well, some of my friends like running, some enjoy a good book, while others prefer unicorns, glitter, and rainbows.
But here’s 5 easy ways that’ll make ANYBODY happy, no matter your personal preference. And why should you get happy right now? ‘Cause it’ll improve your health, stress levels, state of mind and give you a better perspective on your life
- Express gratitude! Either do it in a journal, say it to someone, or record it on GratitudeLog.com for everyone to see. Don’t just think it, express it. Just doing so will increase your happiness by 20–25%! So why not take a few minutes each day and say what you’re thankful for. It’s worth the joy you’ll receive.
- Unfollow negative people on Facebook and Twitter. Chances are you’ve got one or two people on Twitter of Facebook who seem to always have something negative to say. They might complain about traffic jams or work, but either way, it can be a big drain on your energy and mood. Remember, you are the sum of the 5 people you choose to hang around so choose wisely. If someone on Twitter is overly negative, just unfollow them. And if someone on Facebook is too negative, just click the little Hide button next to their names and you won’t see them in your feed anymore. Instead get fun and uplifting updates from POSITIVE People. And for more laughs and inspiration, here are some of my favorite people on Twitter to follow: P. Diddy, comedians Sarah katherinegoh and katcova, Louise Hay and Deepak Chopra.
- Lift your head and smile. Lots of studies have been pouring in that prove your physiology affects your psychology. If you’re slumped over and frowning, you’re going to feel down and mopey. So instead, smile. Smile to everyone you see and smile to yourself. Lift your head up, look up, and smile. Do it right now. It’s a lot harder to be depressed when your body is showing all the signs of joy.
- Meditate now. You don’t need a lot of time to do this and you don’t need any fancy candles or incense (for simple basic meditation). Just go into a quiet room, set your alarm or timer for 15 minutes and you’re set. Even if you don’t have your favorite meditation audio, that’s okay. Just take the time to focus on your breath, clear your mind, and welcome clarity and focus. When you take the time to de-stress like this on a regular basis, you’ll be amazed at the positive effects. If you only unwind and relax on the weekend, you’ll find yourself more stressed out and unhealthy in the long run. It’s like starving yourself for a week only to eat after 7 days. Instead just take 10–15 minutes and relax everyday by meditating. You’ll see the difference soon.
- Watch some funny videos that inspire! Thanks to the internet and Youtube we’ve been given a delicious buffet of inspirational videos. If you don’t know where to start check out the videos – Pay It Forward in a post i have updated. The video will most definitely make you smile.
If you’ve got any other tips to help get our happy on, drop a comment below Can’t wait to read them.
Stay Happy, Stay Healthy…